Monday, February 4, 2013

My top Korean Food!

I have been  in Korea for some time now and I have come to notice that I have a very bad habit of ordering the same kind of food. Some restaurants around my house don't even have to ask what I want!! since they already know what I am going to ask for.
This is a habit I plan to change very soon.
But before that I am just going to list down my all time favorite Korean food {at the moment!!! it is due to change}


1찜닭 {steamed chicken}
I am not sure how they make even after asking the old Korean ladies otherwise known as Ajumas {아줌마}. One thing I know for sure is that the ingredients are easy to find and it does not take too long to make.




김밥 { Kimbap} 
It is very famous among the Korean people as well and it is a way of both saving time and money especially for me as student there. They have vegetarian Kimbap as well but they also have tuna kimpap {참치 김밤} which is my favorite,



탕육수 { sweet sour Pork}
Arguably, this is not Korean but Chinese but anyways I am just going to list it here since it is among the foods that I enjoy here.


 삼겹살 {Ssamkyeopsal}
 Korean BBQ  This is a meal that is very famous among the Koreans and as well as the foreigners especially when they are going out to drink.It also happens to be a very good meal to have with the family. For some restaurants like the one I had posted in the previous blog you can have as much meat as you want for a very low price.
 In Korea they mostly have it with soju. Korean wine made from rice.

돈까스  {Pork Cutlet}
This one is also originally from Japan.I did not have to learn to get used to eating it as it was just consumable. I mean I had to try and get used to having Kimchi in every meal but this was easy.
It is delicious.


Of course I enjoy other dishes here in Korea but these are among the many that I would introduce to any foreigners coming to Korea either to live or to visit.
You do not necessarily have to like them like I do.{ people are different} but you can give it a shot!!



Peace and Love
Phie
Comments motivate Phyllis...Please leave a comment below thank you:-)



2 comments:

  1. well, the food seems delicious.. and just so I ask, ulijuaje kutumia chopsticks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheh :)
    the food is really delicious
    For the chopstick it took me sometime to be good at it but i still tried...:)
    takes some time and lots of practice

    ReplyDelete